Thursday, November 19, 2009

Let The Truth Be Known


OK readers, truth time. I have to admit I used to want an engagement ring that was very conventional. Many years ago, yes I was engaged but never married. At the time I was only aware of the conventional traditions, really expensive obscure companies and brand name stores. I'm not very proud of myself looking back on what I believed was important at the time. The ideas are counter to what I show on this site in style, budget and pure intentions. Something that there is truly no cost associated with. A 10 dollars silver ring can mean as much as a 100k ring covered in diamonds.

Tiffianys
Ring .5 carat platinum priced from $3,000
Band brilliant diamonds in platinum. 3mm wide.$8,700

I had wanted a traditional solitaire prong set ring with a white diamond with a eternity wedding band; very typical and often overpriced depending on where you shop. I had also loved Nessing, whom my older brother had taught me about. He'd been a jewelry student at Savannah College of Art and Design. Nessing at the time was cost wise was out of the question, although Nessing's rings are technically amazing rings.

Tension Ring Price range 2700 and up.. They make a version of this ring for 18k

I still love the combination of simple engagement rings and eternity bands. But, I have since learned of more variations and options of how this is accomplished. Options that can be more unique, special and affordable. So, I started this site to hopefully help others and share the things I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment