Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Malcolm Betts


Love these!!!

2mm Platinum ring with oval canary yellow diamond .68 and channel set diamonds

Platinum ring with oval emerald 3.55 and channel set diamonds

Platinum ring with yellow diamond princess cut .42 and channel set diamonds

Platinum and gold, brilliant cut diamond wedding rings
I'm in love with these bands

Platinum and 22ct gold, Antique old cushion cut diamond 2.53 cts

Platinum with round sapphire 3.65 carats and 2 small ascher cut diamonds

22ct gold with rose cut ruby and 2 rose cut diamonds

Earlier this week a viewer comment that I should take a look at Malcom Betts. I'm totally in love with his work now. I'm so glad that he was brought to my attention. According to Malcom Betts site he became "a goldsmith at the age of 16, Malcolm Betts has pursued his craft ever since. Over eight years of study and training, he refined a distinctive style that has run through his professional work to this day."

This might be a fun analogy to some and you can blame the influences of having the movie Excalibur on in the background but, these rings feel very royal medieval to me. I state this as a positive and I think King Aurther would totally wear these. I know I would. They have a very unique style and look and his gem selection is fantastic. He uses old cuts and antique stones, as well as ethically sourced.


All of his work has a slightly hammer look and roughness that adds to the beauty of the pieces. These techniques work in a way that accentuates his beautiful choice in gems. I'm in love with the combined metal bands.


Images and content from malcolm betts site



No comments:

Post a Comment